A rabbit’s digestive system requires a balance of the right nutrients to promote healthy growth and energy. Feed pellets are ideal rabbit food and most rabbit owners choose rabbit pellets to feed their rabbits because they are nutritious which are composed of compressed alfalfa, grains and vitamins and can be fed to rabbits of all ages also simple to store. Here we will give a detailed illustration of the benefits of feed pellets for raising rabbits.
Benefits of Feed Pellets for Raising Rabbits
First, good palatability. During pelletizing, there is a process called starch pasting, which brings a delicious flavor of feed pellets and increase the pellets palatability to stimulate the rabbits appetite. As a result, the food intake of rabbits can increase 10%-15%.
Second, proper pellets rigidity. Feed pellets rigidity are greatly increased compared to wet-mixing powder feed, which are more suitable for rabbits interesting hobby to grind their teeth with hard things.
Third, it can effectively prevent rabbits from nutrition disequilibrium phenomenon caused by picky about food.
Fourth, improve the feed digestion rate, and is good for gastrointestinal digestion and absorption of the rabbits.
Fifth, sterilization and disinfection, also reduce the spread of disease. Pellet feed, after short-time high temperature up to 70 ℃ -100 ℃ in the pressing process, it can kill a part of parasite eggs and pathogenic microorganisms, making the rabbit disease significantly reduced. Besides, it’s necessary to dry the feed pellets in time to avoid going moldy.
In addition, the utilization of feed pellets can reduce feed waste and this is also cost-saving for the raisers.
How to Correctly Feed Your Rabbit with Pellets?
Pellets diet are healthy and palatable for rabbits (when supplemented with the correct fruits and vegetables), but you have to know how to safely and correctly feed your rabbit pellets.
1. Determine which kind of pellet you should purchase for your rabbits. Rabbits of different ages usually have different diet and nutrition needs. In general, buy alfalfa hay pellets for rabbits younger than seven months, and timothy hay pellets for adults.
2. Determine how much you should feed your rabbits.
Be very careful not to overfeed your rabbit. Obesity in rabbits can cause a shorter life-span. They will be tired because they can’t move enough.
3. Store the feed pellets in a clean, closed container. This way, the pellets will be protected from dirt, sun light, dark, water and other animals. Try to keep the lid closed; this will lower the chance of bacteria.
4. Give your rabbit his pellets in a clean container.
5. Your rabbit should have constant access to fresh, clean water. Put a water container in the rabbit’s cage and ensure that your rabbit receives fresh water daily; meanwhile clean the container daily.
6. Monitor rabbits body condition and adjust feeding rates to maintain desired body condition.
7. Ensure the Safety of Rabbit Raising.
Talk to your vet if you have any questions about your rabbit’s diet or if you notice any changes in your rabbit’s dietary habits.
In conclusion, feed pellets are exactly suitable for rabbits raising. In order to make full use of feed pellets for raising rabbits and gain more profits, you need choose proper rabbit pellets and know how to correctly feed your rabbits. Meanwhile, you can also purchase a pellet mill to make your own pellets. leading supplier of feed pellet mill for making high quality pellets, are always dedicated to help you.